Buy X-Bolt Target Max Online
From your earliest days steadying the barrel on your 22 and hitting a tin can dead center to enlarging holes from the bench, you’ve learned that accuracy is a point of pride. The challenge of precision long-range shooting is enjoying a resurgence, with shooters putting their equipment and skills to the test. Whether it’s under the stress of competition or for your own personal satisfaction, it’s an amazing feeling when your rifle, optics, ammunition and personal performance come together. Because accuracy is a specialty of Browning, we’ve developed a new rifle designed to help bring out your best. The new Browning X-Bolt Target MAX Adjustable SR was developed to be a rifle that is ready to rock the range, right from the box. It includes the features you want in a precision rifle and the adjustability to optimize how your body interacts with the rifle.
The foundation of this rifle is a stiffer, heavier, full-diameter receiver that helps stabilize the rifle. An alignment flat is machined into the receiver to aid in scope alignment/leveling. The recoil lug is pinned to the receiver to ensure perfect orientation if the barrel needs to be replaced. The included 20 MOA Picatinny optics rail is held in place with four oversize 8-40 screws and an additional steel pin that secures the rail to the receiver. The bolt features a longer handle to reduce the force needed to open the bolt.
To meet the demands of competition target shooting, X-Bolt Target rifles feature the Xtra Capacity Magazine System that utilizes popular Accuracy International Chassis System (AICS) pattern magazines. These magazines are available in 5- and 10-round capacity. X-Bolt Target rifles ship with one MDT 10-round polymer box magazine. (For optimal feeding reliability we recommend MDT 10-round and Magpul® 5-round magazines.) The front of the magazine well can be used as a barrier stop.
An all-new, patent-pending Browning Target DLX Trigger brings the light touch you need for accurate shooting. This three-lever design has zero creep, zero take-up, zero overtravel and a glass-like break. The Target DLX is adjustable with a range of 2 to 3.3 pounds and comes factory set at 2.5 lbs.
This rifle is fitted with a stainless bull barrel is that fluted to reduce weight and increase surface area for faster heat dissipation. The barrel is suppressor ready with 5/8″-24 SR threads and measures .9″ at the shoulder. Our Recoil Hawg muzzle brake effectively reduces felt recoil for improved shooting comfort – a must in competition.
The adjustable MAX stock gives you the versatility to customize the fit the rifle to your unique needs. The comb is height adjustable to put your eye in perfect alignment with your scope. Length of pull spacers are also included. The vertical grip is comfortable standing, seated and prone and allows for an easy reach from the finger to the trigger. A Picatinny rail on the bottom of the forearm is included and makes attaching today’s precision, rail-mounted bipods a snap. The rail is also easily removable and three secure mounting points make it easy to mount the popular ARCA/Swiss rail (not included).
X-Bolt Target Max Features
- New stiffer, heavier, full-diameter receiver is optimized for target shooting
- New patent pending, Browning Target Trigger has an adjustment range of 2 to 3.3 pounds and comes factory set at 2.5 lbs
- New Xtra Capacity Magazine System offers up to ten round magazine capacity right out of the box. Ships with one MDT 10-round polymer box magazine.
- Max composite stock with vertical grip and height-adjustable comb
- Receiver features a machined level flat for squaring and truing the reticle and muzzle brake to the rifle.
- Included 20 MOA Picatinny rail is installed with four oversize 8-40 screws and an additional steel pin that secures the rail to the receiver. The pin acts as a recoil lug to prevent the rail from shifting.
- Stainless bull barrel is fluted and measures .9″ at the 5/8″-24 Suppressor Ready threads
- Recoil Hawg muzzle brake
- Extended bolt handle reduces opening forces
- Should the barrel need to be replaced, the recoil lug is pinned to the receiver to ensure perfect orientation
- Free-floated barrel that is bedded in the front and the rear of the action for stability and to help maintain barrel-to-stock spacing for consistent accuracy.
- Bolt unlock button works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an added measure of safety during checking and unloading of the chamber.
- Short 60° bolt lift is fast cycling and allows you to work the bolt quickly
- Inflex Recoil Pad